So you have decided to buy your own home in Scottsdale real estate; the next thing you should do is hire a real estate agent to help you as you may not know much about the home buying process. A good agent will represent you and will always prioritize your best interests in every action he/she does during the transaction.
Before you hire an agent, it's wise to discuss with him during the first interview about how he will be compensated as real estate agents can be paid in different ways. Some of them are paid by the buyer for a certain amount they have agreed upon; others make money through commissions based on the property's price. You should prepare a written agreement in which the terms and conditions are stated and have it signed by the both of you prior to the start of the home buying process. This contract has to include the responsibilities of the agent, as well as yours, during the whole transaction.
Purchasing a new house involves a lot of complex steps and can be very difficult as there are a lot of factors that you need to take into consideration. There are buyers who do this without any assistance from real estate agent. However, not all of them did it successfully since it is quite complicated. That's why it is very important to hire a qualified agent to help you.
The following are the duties of a real estate agent that you need to know:
- A real estate agent will evaluate your needs, as well as your wants when it comes to houses and then will look for available homes put up for sale that meet your specifications.
- A real estate agent will help you determine the amount of money you can pay for a house and will show you homes within the range you can afford to buy.
- A real estate agent will assist you in looking at houses; he may accompany you in showings or go there on behalf of you to check if the homes meet your needs and wants.
- A real estate agent will check the house you have chosen among the Scottsdale homes for sale and see if it needs any repairs and if there are problems that must be fixed. This can help you decide if you really want to buy the property before giving a purchase offer.
- A real estate agent will aid you in preparing a clear purchase offer to give to the seller.
- A real estate agent will present your purchase offer to the seller and will negotiate to be able to successfully buy the house you want.
- A real estate agent will explain to you all the details about the purchase, especially its legal aspect, which can be complicated for most buyers.
- A real estate agent will give you recommendations and assistance in getting finances for the house you want to purchase.
- A real estate agent will help you all throughout the process of home buying.
Being aware of the duties of a real estate agent will help you understand how important it is to hire one if you are planning on buying a new home.